Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm just to tired to sleep...




( the pic of her sleeping in the blue outfit is NOT from yesterday) the other 2 pics are.
Yesterday Keira decided she didn't want to nap . AT ALL. She normally takes an am nap in the stroller while I walk and then a 3 hour afternoon nap and occasionally a catnap around 5or 6 pm and then bedtime around 8 pm.

It all started with the walk- she refused to sleep and just looked around instead. She did finally fall asleep for about 5 min right before we got back to the house and then that was it- she was up... I figured she she didn't nap in the am she would go down early for her afternoon nap.. Nope. Didn't want to do that either. I had to go our to Sam's club and get some stuff for our big BBQ Baptism bash this weekend for Keira so I plopped her in car seat around 1:30 and figured the car would knock her out. I get to Sam's club 10 min later and she is sleeping. PERFECT I think to myself- I can't get my shopping done and get outta there- Nope. She wakes up as soon as we get into Sam's which is about exactly 10 min after she fell asleep. She proceeds to stay awake entire time I was shopping.- Maybe the ride home will knock her out I think- Yep she is sleeping again- She is perfectly capable of sleeping 3 hours in her car seat and does it alot if I am running errands. Nope she wakes up about 45 min later back at the house. I nurse her and try to get her to go back to sleep- I put her in the crib- dim the curtains, play bedtime music.. NOPE. That isn't working either. So I figure whatever she can stay awake. She of course is a little cranky because she is so tired. She won't hang out in her bouncy seat, doesn't want to lay on the couch and look around. Just wants to be held and to whine...ohhh and nurse. By 5 pm- I cut her off the nursing.. she was nursing every 45-1 hour!!! OUCH. Anyways so Mike comes home for dinner and she snuggles right up against him and goes to sleep!!!!! It was short lived however-he only slept like 10 min. We went to a talk at church last night so she was up late- till 10 pm. The entire time at church 7-9:30 Mike walked around the back of the church with her in the Baby Bjorn carrier trying to get her to fall asleep. She finally fell asleep about 10 min before it ended only to wake up when we put her in the car seat!!!.... and it continued through the night- she was up at 3:30, 5:30. 6:30- At 6:30 I gave in and put her on her belly and now at 8:30 she is still sleeping. Crazy baby!!!

No comments: