Fresh berries- a favorite summer time treat!
Monday, May 21, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
(2) Supply Lines - $8.92
12" Floor Tile (60 sq. ft) - $106.20
(5) Fittings (2 I broke) - $50
P-Trap - $19.14
New Hallway Mat (destroyed by Thinset) - $18.97
(3) SpectraLock Grout - $21.18
(3) SpectraLock A/B Mix - $53.94
Paint - $25.17
Thinset - $27.43
Sealant - $17.08
(4) TileBacker - $34.56
Screws for TileBacker - $7.16
Grout Sponges - $8.99
Windleton White Vanity - $422.10
Windleton White Mirror - $69
Light - $80
Tile Saw Blade - $50
Plumber - $100 (Install new drain piece on sink)
Painter - $150 (Paint bathroom, ceiling, trim)
Total Cost = $1,272.81
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Israel and Keira like to play a game where they say "I broke my Cheese-Its and act sad". It started when we bought Cheese-Its and they decided to crush them up and say this.
Good thing she is cute and funny. Nairi kept us up one night (of MANY) and since we were yawning, she decided to join in.
We had a small sandbox, but not enough room for 3 kids. We finally bought sand for the sandbox underneath the swingset.
Israel loves riding mowers, tractors, trucks, etc. Anytime we go to Home Depot or Lowe's, he has to sit on the riding mowers. Well, I have been keeping an eye on Craigslist and this thing came up yesterday while we were at the in-laws. The owner lived about 20 min north of their house (about an hour and a half from my house). We met up and it was perfect and a GREAT deal. Israel slept all the way home, but when we pulled into the driveway, he asked in his cute voice if he could ride it. It was charged, so I let him! He woke up early this morning and won't stop talking about it. SUCCESS!!
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
DIY projects that is. We were hoping that this whole project would only take a few days because A) I want my laundry appliances hooked back up and B) Its annoying to go upstairs every time I or Keira or Israel needs to use the bathroom and C) Because we hate mess and there are tools and stuff and mess everywhere.
But as is always the case unforeseen things arise. The tile adhesive Mike used was the premade adhesive this time. Before he used the glue that you mix yourself. It says it takes 24 hours to dry but in reality and after doing further research we saw that it can take 72 hours plus to dry. Combine that with a super rainy and humid week and lets just say we gave it 6 days to dry to be on the safe side.
Then we were held up by the painter who was going to come last Tuesday, then he was going to come today and now its tomorrow. In his defense he has many children and only works part time and must have childcare to work so its understandable. So we plug along and hope to have everything back together by Wednesday. In the meantime here is the completed tile job ( minus the grout of course).