Sunday, January 29, 2012

There will be no more bouncing in this house



Its amazing the habits we create with our infants. Take Nairi for example. She has classic infant sleep behavior. She wakes up many times a night and the only way to get her back to sleep is to nurse and rock ( which I am happy to do) and then when that fails to bounce her to sleep on the exercise ball. No problem with an infant but she is getting bigger and heavier and will be 10 months old in 3 days. I think its time to get rid of the ball. So I deflated it and I'm stashing it in the basement in a hard to get to place so I am not tempted to re inflate it in the middle of the night. Last night was night 1... We were awake for over an hour with her rocking, nursing etc. Finally after both of us ( Mike and I 's) attempts were futile I plopped her in her crib and lay down on the twin bed in her room and closed my eyes and ignored her. First she talked to herself and then she actually LAID DOWN AND WENT TO SLEEP. Posted by PicasaShe does not take any paci's or blankets or soothing objects but Mike and I so 3 cheers to furthering our sleep deprived state of being. The goal is that she will realize that if she lies down in her crib she can actually fall asleep on her own.

No comments: