Tuesday, July 10, 2007

staying at home..




Well next Monday would have been my return to work date had I been returning to work full time b/c Keira will be 6 weeks old on Friday. At this point I will probably return some time to work "per Diem" which is working an occasional shift or half a shift whenever I feel like it. I can't imagine going back to work full time this quickly. Keira still feels so young to me and I have yet to fully catch up on sleep and regain my "old self." I do feel lucky to be staying at home with her although I feel slighty useless. At the end of the day I look back and think- hmmm what did I do all day?? Definitely nothing exciting- fed Keira about 2o times, changed her diaper an equal number of times, washed dishes, did laundry and made dinner- oh yeah and an occasional trip to Target or Wal-Mart and a daily walk- It is fun to be with Keira all day- although I would be lying to say that it wasn't a tad bit boring every now and then. I have joined a mom's group and that has been fin to meet other local moms. Thankfully Mike comes home for lunch everyday and gives me an excuse for some adult conversation.
Any how- The far right pics are of Keira doing the dreaded 'tummy time" she isn't a big fan and while usually whine quite loudly... This morning I got on the floor with her on my belly and looked right at her... she looked right back .. as if to say.. " Come on mom- this is boring... who needs to develope their neck muscles anyway??"
Tanya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taking care of Keira is the most important job you have! You are a great mom and certainly not useless!