Monday, March 29, 2010

Odds and ends

Well our open house Saturday was a bust. No one showed up. I told Mike that if we didn't clean much people would come but if it was immaculate no one would show. Guess I was right. Note to self..... don't clean so much next time. We did drop the price quite a bit so we will see. Problem is lots of people are selling similar houses for alot less, well below assessed value. Its all in God's hands. Maybe we are meant to stay in this house a bit longer.
Michael is already restless for house projects to work on and needs a clean slate of things to do. We both feel we shouldn't sink any more money into this place for now Mike is stuck helping friends with there projects or ( gasp) hanging out with me and the kids all weekend... :o) Not that he doesn't like hanging out with us he just likes to have something creative to do as well.
I am still mulling over preschool for Keira. I got to thinking about her June first birthday and if I send her to preschool at age 3 and 4... then she would go to school at age 5 or end up with 3 years of preschool which is excessive I think. I can't predict now if she will be ready for real school then so I might wait on preschool till age 4 in case I hold her back from Kindergarten till she is 6. But at the same time I feel she is ready for a bit of a "school" environment and might really enjoy the songs, stories and craft projects. It would give her something "special" to do all next winter. I think at this point I will wait and see if we end up moving and what the budget ends up being for next winter. At least I don't have to worry that she won't be potty trained in time.
I have decided Mullet boy defiantly needs a haircut- however how soon that haircut will happen is still undecided. :o )
I do need to head to the mall to get an outfit for a friend's wedding next week so if I can find someone to cut it while we are there we might do that.

No comments: