Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fun times

We are all feeling ick lately.... well all except Keira. Mike has a stomach bug that has made him tired and nauseous... I am already tired and nauseous which makes for interesting times at our house. Mike is home sick today and we did the unthinkable and let Keira watch TV. I was more than excited to find out that Netflix has Wiggles DVD's that you can stream via the Internet and watch instantly. Keira only seems interested in TV that involves music and dancing and I can't stand kid shows with annoying voices and rapidly changing screens like Sponge Bob and most TV programs for kids. So although yes the Wiggles can get very annoying I am happy that its music at least....
As I am the midst of the lovely morning aka all day sickness I cannot cook and hence I have been eating mostly fast food or prepared food like frozen pizza. Real healthy I know....its impossible to understand unless you have been through it, but the more I handle something before I eat it the less I can eat it. Mike has been awesome about running to get me anything, ( of course it helps that we live within walking distance of fast food mile) Subway, Taco Bell but yesterday I was starting to feel guilty about all the money we have been spending on fast food so I decided that I would at least try to cook dinner. I decided to make meatballs and home fries. I mixed up the stuff for the meatballs and had Mike actually make the meatballs. I cut up and seasoned the potatoes and threw everything in the oven. When it came time to eat it no one ate anything except for Keira.... I was too disgusted with the thought of the whole meal to touch much of it, Mike was feeling sick so he didn't eat anything. I give up. I don't think I will attempt to cook dinner again for a while. Now we have a whole pan of meatballs and a whole pan of potatoes and I will probably end up throwing it all out. I have a hard time eating anything right now. I literally have to force myself to chew and swallow. I am crazy nauseous and crazy hungry at the same time. Only early pregnancy could put those too feelings together. Usually you aren't nauseous and hungry at the same time.
Speaking of throwing things out- I had to put Keira back in disposables for now- I can't deal with the poop at the moment. I feel really wasteful after not throwing out diapers for the past 8 months but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Mike has also been great ( with only a bit of grumbling) about changing all poopy diapers when he is around to save me from gagging.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I so feel your pain. I am 18 weeks now and I have been feeling better with eating for a few weeks but had a rotten cold. Brooke's diapers kill me still though...I can smell evrything so keenly that I have to take the Pee-pee diapers out every few diapers..I can open the door to her room and smell them in her diaper pail and I gag....oh the joys of pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

don't try and save some time by cooking anything in the crockpot. If you smell it cooking all day you will never eat it. I froze and gave away a few things I made just for myself because I really wanted them but then smelling them cook all day made me sick.
Christina

MommyKW said...

I totally get it! I am so sorry for how you feel, but hopefully it will get better sooner than later! Good luck!

Caroline said...

Awww geeeez... I'm sorry to hear this! I hope this passes soon for you. When did it stop when you were pregnant with Keira?

k's mama said...

ahhh with Keira it stopped around 18-20 weeks I think.

WildRose said...

OHHH Dear!! Sounds just terrible!!! Wish I could make the time go by faster for you!