I guess since blogger has given me a break and decided to work I might as well take advantage of it. Things have been a bit crazy around here lately.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and happy that I have survived thus far. It's amazing how different a second pregnancy is when you don't have the luxury of taking naps or chilling on the couch or going to bed at 8 pm. Thankfully so far the morning sickness (I like to call it the 24/7 pukey feeling) has been awful. It has not been as bad as it was with my pregnancy with Keira. I know things can change quickly but I am thankful that I can at least still sit on the floor and play with Keira all day and not have to be sleeping or throwing up- although I would like to be sleeping away much of the day. Hopefully it will not get any worse and not last till 25 weeks like it did with Keira. Just one day at a time I remind myself.
Yes, I am thankful for another little monkey and yes I am thankful that I can have babies at all. But I will not lie...I hate this pregnancy business. It's just no fun at all until you get to see the little monkey outside your uterus.
I have yet to decide on our plan of action for the whole pregnancy care and birth of this monkey. I have a tentative appointment set up with my Ob's office that delivered Keira for mid- March. Next week Mike and I go meet a group of 2 midwives that deliver either at home or at a birthing center. Hopefully we will be able to make a decision after meeting the midwives. My Ob's office is definitely more convenient being that they are about 5 min away whereas the midwives are about 20 min away. I am slightly annoyed at my Ob's office at the moment since I called last Thurs requesting more anti-nausea meds. I was told my doc is on vacation and would be back Monday and they would call me Monday. I gave them until today (Wednesday) and still haven't heard anything. I called again today and no one called me back. Grrrrrrr.
The other big decision we were thinking about was if we should try to sell our house and get something a bit bigger or refinance or do nothing. At this point Mike is working on finishing up the few unfinished projects that we have and then if we have any money left when these projects are done we might try to list the house and see if we have any luck. He probably won't be done with these projects till Spring though since I am not allowing him to do much. Any time Mike is home he is on Keira duty- or at least until I feel better.