Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby #3 update

Today I had my first "prenatal" appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Always a good sign! I guess I can no longer be in denial that I am indeed pregnant. Don't laugh- pregnancy is a LONG commitment for a woman- 9months to get there (with all the loveliness of weight gain, lack of sleep, exhaustion and puking) and 9 months to lose the weight, starting sleeping again etc. Don't forget the 24-7 breastfeeding as well. Mentally I was not ready to do it again but ready or not HERE WE COME! :o) We are all excited to meet the new baby in 6 months and on a sooner note find out the gender in 4 weeks. Woohoo. At this point neither Mike or nor I have a gender preference really ( I say really because I think deep down I want another girl) ... in the long run I would much rather have a house full of girls than boys but being that Israel and this baby are going to be 18 months apart if they were the same sex they might play together really well? Maybe? I can hope? Since Keira and Israel don't exactly play together well at all. We will take what God gives us but I can't wait to find out so we can get serious on figuring out a name and doing all that fun nesting of washing clothes, diapers and blankets and getting it all together.
Pre-natal 1 (14 weeks)
Baby- HR 155ish
Mom-BP 106
Weight gain- 4 lbs
Nausea? STILL HERE.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

First hearing the heart beat is such a great thing! Good luck on the name hunt! :)