Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good bye grass!!!










Yes, okay, keira has nothing to do with this post... here she is playing with her toys while I write this.









Despirately trying to get something in her mouth to chew on....










HAD enough of the toys!!! GiVE ME SOME FOOD! ( don't you think she looks like Mike here?) I think he makes the same face when I tell him he can't buy any more tools today!


Well- the story starts with me on a walk..... Almost everyday for months now I walk the same route on the west side by our house ( in fact this is the route I walked when I was in labor and didn't know it yet..) anyways - There is a certain house which I walk by which has GREAT flowers, gardens and landscaping. I love to look at it and get ideas for my own yard. Well last Sunday when I was walking the lady was outside tending to her flowers. I told her Good Morning and how much I admired her flowers and how beautiful her yard was. She was very pleased and showed me around the flowers. And that was that. On Friday I was walking by her house again and she was outside. She stopped me and we chatted for a few min. I had Keira with me this time and she wanted to see her. She told me more about her yard and all the work she had done. ( Amazingly enough she rents and its not really her yard- yet she does all this work for the yard because she enjoys it). She gave me her phone number and said that if I wanted any clippings from her perennials to give her a call. Now- most of what I am planting in our yard is perennials. You buy them once, plant them once, and they come up every year. Perennials get expensive so I was excited to be offered some from her yard and she has GREAT flowers. Sunday I gave her a call and went over and she dug up several pots of various perennials. hence I enlisted Mike's help in digging up more of our front yard. We dug 2 new flower beds around the pathway in the front and planted the perennials. Of course right now they are pretty small and pathetic looking but next spring they will look GREAT. I would take some pics but its all rainy and muddy out what now. When it dries up I will post some pics. So as time goes on we will have less and less grass and more and more flowers..... just the way I like it. And last night in the middle of the night- after I was awakened by Keira's endless chitter chatter on the monitor in the middle of the night I had another idea.... Now if I can just get Mike to agree on letting me dig up yet another part of grass..... ( he is actually pretty good about letting me dig up our yard.)



Tanya

No comments: