Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How Nabisco is duping us!

Before I start my reason for this post, Tanya has been a little distraught lately for another reason (as Nabisco duping us doesn't seem to bother her). She knows that some people are reading the Blog, but alas, only 1 or 2 people actually post comments. This has caused her to feel that perhaps nobody is actually reading the blog and has her questioning on whether she should continue or not. So, if you want Tanya to continue posting, please comment once in awhile to let her know that it is being read.

I remember when I was young and my mother went grocery shopping on Saturdays. When she got home, the 6 boys (including my dad) would ransack the bags to see what she purchased for snacks – often causing chaos and crushed groceries. After finding the 1-2 snacks that she purchased, the finder would quickly open up and annihilate the snacks they found. My mom would complain, in vain, that the snacks were supposed to last a week. Or that the snacks were for our lunches or some other trite reason that we would all ignore. What she was able to do was sneak goodies past us so that we would, indeed, have something for our school lunches.

The few times that my mom purchased Oreo DoubleStuf® cookies, it was great because all of us would be able to enjoy the cookies. Even though the finder was able to finish off an entire package of cookies, there wasn’t enough time to do it before everyone else would see and then jump on top of the finder for the cookies. It was MAYHEM.

Now, I know what you are thinking and you are wrong! DoubleStuf®s are not just an Oreo®, they have twice as much crème filling; therefore, making them twice as good as a regular Oreo®. They have the right ratio of crème to cookie. Now Nabisco® has done some amazing things with Oreo®s over the years that they now have over 45 varieties including:
  • Cakesters (ala whoopee pies)
  • Winter with Red Crème
  • Pure White Fudge Covered
  • Golden Original
  • Chocolate Mini Bite Size
  • Halloween Orange Crème
  • Spring Purple Crème
  • Oreo with Organic Flour and Sugar
  • Milk Chocolate Covered Mint
  • Pie Crust
  • Ice Cream Cones
  • Duo Vanilla and Chocolate
  • Uh-Oh with Chocolate Crème
  • DoubleStuf® with Chocolate Crème
  • Double Delight Chocolate Mint’N Crème

But alas, I am here to lodge my complaint. My dad (and others) has always said that when he was young, the DoubleStuf®s actually had twice as much crème filling. He said that the Oreo®s my mom had been purchasing would actually be considered single stuff or regular Oreo®s.

Well, I always thought how great it would have been to have twice as much crème filling. I even took 2 DoubleStuf® cookies and made a QuadStuf just to see what it would have been like…and it was a delight!

Have you been in the grocery store lately? If you are female, probably yes for grocery shopping; but if you are male, then probably only for snacks/beer/etc… Well, this should really strike to the heart of everyone that reads this. Next time you are there, or you may have already noticed, take a walk down the cookie aisle. As you approach the Oreo DoubleStuf®s, prepare yourself for some mischievous marketing. The first thing you will notice is the packaging of course. It is no longer transparent where you can see what is contained inside. You have to trust them when they say they are DoubleStuf®.

But be forewarned that I have recently noticed that there isn’t as much crème as there was when my mom used to purchase these decadent snacks. Even though they have decreased the amount of crème sandwiched between the 2 chocolate cookies, the number of cookies are staying constant (less crème=more space for cookies) and the price has gone up.

If this is twice as much creme filling as the regular Oreo®s, then it frighten and sickens me to think about the sliver of creme available in the regular Oreo®s now. Can you even see creme in there? Ohh...the humanity!!

So...do us all a favor and stop buying Nabisco® Oreo® DoubleStuf® until they fix this grave mistake.

4 comments:

Chad Brewbaker said...

Ah, and I thought you were going to go on a tirade about how their parent company Altria (Phillip Morris) peddles cancer sticks and the millions that die from them each year. Glad 1.5 stuffing is on your radar ;)


Nice pictures of Keira btw. How is Mitch liking Colorado?

N&M said...

Tanya & Mike:

I like to read your blog, just don't always have time or a free hand to comment (aka holding Dominic) But keep it iup because I like to read them!
Niki

Anonymous said...

For the love of PETE!!!
You cant stop NOW!!
I get most of my landscaping tips from you guy's! Plus this blog is in ENGLISH!!!! The "other" one i look at needs Mexican translation half the time!!!

Love that Oil Tank!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have no fear! We are here! I never have more then 2 comments on my blog either.
Mike- as far as Oreos- I found something else that just tops them anyday- chcolate and mint creme sandwich cookies by Back to Nature. So amazing!
http://www.backtonaturefoods.com/products_cookies_3.aspx