Monday, December 03, 2007

Winter in New England




It started snowing last night around 6 pm and its still snowing... We have several inches on the ground. Mike wakes up this morning and checks his computer just in case he doesn't have to work because of the snow.. (Never happens) He bundles up to go outside and shovel before he jumps in the shower. I bundle Keira up and grab the camera. I throw on my shoes (with no socks) and my jacket... just my tank top underneath- I am still in my Pj's). Mikes spends 10 min in the basement looking for his boots.. then realizes he doesn't have any boots and hasn't had any since he lived with his parents. Last winter every time it snowed we would say.. "Jeez we NEED to get some boots" Shoveling snow in running shoes doesn't work so good when your feet are freezing and wet in 5 min. Mike and Hippert spent the good part of a day fixing the snow blower last spring. Of course now it doesn't work.... so here we are shoveling snow.. me in the Pj's, Mike with Keira on his back, Both of us in running shoes (me with no socks as I thought I was just taking pictures).. and its 7 am. Keira was a little perplexed at the new white world...
So our neighbor was also outside shoveling.. he has a long driveway like us....
Me- 'Time to get a snow blower huh?"
Him- LOl... well I don't mind the exercise"
Me- "We actually have a snow blower- it just doesn't work"
Him- "Me too!!!"
Meanwhile we can hear the hum of snow blowers down the street....
Nothing like neighbor bonding at 7 am on a Monday morning while you are soaking wet and freezing.. at least there is comfort in knowing that someone besides you is shoveling as you listen the hum the lucky people down the street that have a snow blower.....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I strongly dislike snow! we don't have a snowblower either. But our neighbor does and we share a driveway. Oh, and he wakes up 3 hours before we do. I don't feel guilty because we put up with his annoying dog ALL YEAR.

The Real EMO said...

LOL.. that is a great arrangement!! :o)
tanya

Matt said...

Well we don't even have non working snow blower. And I had to shovel our drive way by myself. I waited to do the shoveling until after our neighbors finished doing their driveways with their snow blowers.

Because you know what is worse than shoveling your driveway while your neighbor uses a snow blower? Shoveling your drive way while your neighbor's son clears theirs with a snow blower.

alexish5 said...

I love the pictures of Keira all bundled up! You are a lot braver than me Tanya-I didn't go outside once today! I took a shower and put my PJs back on for the day!