Thursday, November 13, 2008

duh

I really really hate the Jetta. Did I mention that already? I hate the Jetta.
I went to Lumber Liquidaters today to pick up the rest of the Bamboo flooring for Keira's room so that Mike can work on it this weekend.
I got the flooring and went to start the car so I could leave and the car wouldn't start... the key wouldn't even turn. I tried it about a million times, then called Mike. I went it to ask the workers if anyone had jumper cables. There were about 4-5 guys in their 20-30's working there so I figured one of them might have them. Luckily one did. The guy pulled his truck over hooked it up and then told me to start the car. I tried and the key wouldn't work. So he goes to try it and says.. ohhh your wheel is just locked up. No need to use jumper cables. DUH. I felt like an idiot!!!!

4 comments:

Matt said...

As a fellow VW driver I had to learn the wheel lock lesson too. Luckily I didn't do it in front of a crowd.

Unknown said...

Don't worry, I didn't even know that a wheel could get locked up.

Anonymous said...

Most cars I have been in you can do this too (meaning it's not just a VW thing), I have actually had to rock cars before to get the steering wheel to unlock enough so I could turn the key.

MommyKW said...

Funny! That actually happened to my friend at Taylor's cheerleading. The kids had been fooling around with the wheel and when she went to start her car - NOTHING. I called Chris and he immediately knew what it was and what to do to fix it. I had NO idea that this could even happen!