Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Going local


Keira climbing out of the milk crate.


After reading the book- Animal, Vegtable, Miracle- we have decided to go as local as we can with our food. Today we got our first delivery of NH cage free eggs. ( www.nhmilk.com)They were delivered to our doorstep by a friendly milk man who also brought us 2 1/2 gallons of milk in glass jars. The milk isn't for us as no one in this house can tolerate milk..... its for one of Mike's co workers. Its also local and antibiotic and hormone free of course. All of our meat is already local ( from NH and ME), hormone and antiboitoic free - and we are moving towards getting grassfed beef as well as cage free chicken.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Good for you. We can't necessarily go "local" as I could never get to where you buy local stuff every week but we buy all organic at Stop & Shop, I focus on fruit, veggies, milk, eggs, meat stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

I checked out their prices...and well...there is NO WAY we could afford that! We go through 4 gallons a week easily... I think I will just buy a cow...

Anonymous said...

yippee! I loved that book! Thanks for the recommendation! Now I'm reading "The Omnivores dilemma".