Wednesday, December 03, 2008

ahhhh relief!

My washing machine is fixed. The Sears guy was here for all of 5 min... As he was walking in the door he says" You have a baby?" I'm thinking to myself... no I play with all these toys all over the floor. Anyways I say yes and he says " Its probably a baby sock stuck in the washing machine pump" All this before we even get to the basement which is where the washer and dryer are. Which I knew wasn't true since I wash all her socks in a mesh laundry bag that way I don't lose them. As I figured it was one of her fleece liners for her cloth diapers that was stuck in the pump. He removed it, billed me for $153 dollars and called it a day. Apparently he makes $153 every five min because I kid you not thats how long he was here for!! The washing machine is working as I have already tackled the pile of laundry that was piling up and you can believe I already went to Wal- mart and bought several more mesh laundry bags for her cloth wipes and liners so hopefully we won't have anymore diaper laundry getting stuck in the washing machine pump!!!!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

$153!!!! What a rip off!

Unknown said...

$153? I'm glad it was a simple fix, but yikes! :( Did you watch him do it in case something similar happens again?

MommyKW said...

I am always amazed at how much repairmen can charge. Ours was under warranty when they fixed it before, so there was no hurry for them to get here! They go out of warranty this year, so I'm sure we'll be debating whether to buy a new one or pay to have it fixed if anything happens. My next washer and dryer will be industrial strength!

WildRose said...

That is a funny post!! Do you have a baby??? Funny! Glad you got it fixed, our dryer broke last week, Scott fixed it thank goodness!! $153 Dollars ouch! Well at least you are back on track :)

Anonymous said...

Baby? What baby? These are my toys!