Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dear Mama,

Dear Mama,
There are some things about feeding me regular food I would like you to know....

Number 1- I want to feed myself. I am a big girl. See look at the picture!! I am good at it. Don't even try to give me things off a spoon. Put it on my tray and I will pick it up and put it in my mouth if I want to eat it.

Number 2- Baby food peas out of a jar are disgusting and I refuse to eat them. I will close my mouth like this every time you come at me with a spoonful of that nasty stuff. I don't care if they came with the other veggies you bought I won't eat them!!! Regular big people peas are just fine as long as I can feed them to myself but no baby food peas ever!!!!!!!

Number 3- Nice try mom- still won't eat those nasty peas. You might as well throw them out!!!

Number 4-If you make me my own bowel of oatmeal- baby oatmeal or regular I won't eat it, not off a spoon, not off my tray. If however I see you eating oatmeal and you offer me some of it off your spoon and out of your bowel - not a BABY spoon. I will eat it and like it. Even if its Cranberry Flax seed oatmeal. See in the picture. I loved it!!!
Number 5- Don't forget to give me the washcloth at the end so I can eat it and play with it.
Love, Keira
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the commentary! You are so creative!

It looks like she may have taken some lessons from Sarah when we weren't looking! The good news is that Sarah eventually turned around and let us feed her off a baby spoon so it wasn't constantly dripping off of her face.

I'm going to try the regular peas today. I'll let you know how it goes with my peanut!

Alexis

Caroline said...

haha this is pretty funny.

P.s. Not only does Jo LOVE eating off a spoon but she LOOOOOVES peas haha and green beans!

MommyKW said...

Watch out - because once they try to feed themselves, you actually can put food in your own mouth at meal time. And, it may even still be warm!