Wednesday, February 13, 2008





So...today we woke up to something that has become commonplace in NH - snow. Actually is started last night. I was up until midnight working on Paul's new computer (aka Supernator 1.0). When I left his place (Nashua), there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground and coming down like crazy. But then it changed to rain overnight and hasn't stopped and it is 9PM...Now, not a light rain...it has been downpouring the entire day.

So, I went into work late because of the weather...which is why I got to play with Keira. I put her on my legs to lift her up and she snuggled up to them instead...it was funny and cute.

But that is not the best of it. So, Tanya and I shoveled...the heaviest snow I have ever shoveled in my entire life. Thes snow had 6 inches of rain underneath the 6 inches of snow. It was ridiculous. After shoveling the snow in the driveway (or at least most of it), there was literally a puddle of water in our driveway almost to our ankles. So we worked on pushing the water into the street so that it would go into the new drains they added. Of course the one closest to our house was covered with snow and ice. So, I created a line to the next closest one.

After shoveling the driveway and clearing up to the mailbox...the plow decides to roll down our street. As they drive by and put a pile of snow literally up to our waists of water-logged snow they mouth "I'm Sorry" to us. Yeah...whatever. Well...we cleaned up what we could, but it was too heavy to finish, so I did enough to drive the car out so I could head to work for the afternoon.

After work, I shoveled out the mailbox area so that our mail person would actually deliver. But half our driveway is still covered because I literally can't lift the snow over my head to get it onto the snowbanks that are already taller than me. So...that is for another day. After the mailbox, I looked at the street and we had a pool of water building up, so I figured it was time to dig out the drain that is buried in the snow. Easier said than done. I shoveled it out as much as I could with the shovel and then had to use the ax to chip away at the ice so that I could create a channel for the water to flow through and within 5 minutes, the street was no longer a pond.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Please don't share your weather with us!

Matt said...

I am sorry to hear about your awful experience with the snow yesterday.

I don't want to make you feel worse so I won't mention how our neighbor came over with his snowblower after he finished his driveway and cleared the 3/4 of our driveway that we hadn't gotten to yet (including the part dumped by the snow plow). =)

Caroline said...

Oh, I feel your pain! It snowed all night and rained ALLLL day. I couldn't believe how consistent it was, it was just torrential down pours that NEVER stopped till last night. Although here the rain made the snow go away, luckily!

Anonymous said...

I have 3 words for you all: MOVE TO CALIFORNIA!!!Love Auntie Nancy

The Real EMO said...

I am ready!!!!! 70's and sunshine everyday? BRING IT ON!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think maybe we should fix your snow blower now? We could just wait for summer,,,

The Real EMO said...

That's probably a good idea. Whenever you want to come over and help...I would be more than grateful :)

Unfortunately...the last snow storm would have been too heavy for it...

I am going to borrow my dad's snowblower this weekend and hopefully move some of those snow mountains.

mike said...

KO maybe next week sometime.

Oh and umm good luck with the snow mountains! I spent a few hours yesterday breaking up "old" snow with a sledge hammer so i could snow blow it. If you can do it today when it's warm!