Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy Ash Wednesday

We were less than 12 hours into Lent and I already goofed. So Mike and I discussed our Lenten goals last night. We are going to "try" to attend daily Mass at least once a week in addition to Sunday of course, read more scripture, and give up desserts. Mike was a little confused as to what constitutes a dessert. "Are you sure candy is a dessert ?" He asks me. "What about cookies? Those are not desserts!" " So if I want to have a cookie as long as I don't eat it right after a meal then its not a dessert right??"

Mike- "Why do you always make me do this for Lent?"

Tanya- " Do you have a better idea?"

Mike- "Yeah we are going to go to Daily Mass and read more scripture"

Tanya- "Well those things are great but are they hard??"

Mike" Hmm not really.."

Tanya- " Is giving up desserts hard??"

Mike- "VERY HARD"

Tanya- Exactly my point. :o)

So upon hearing that we are giving up desserts Mike made an emergency run to the grocery store at 8 pm last night and came back with a box of ice cream sandwiches which we helped ourselves to several each.

Well this am I was at Keira's weekly playgroup/mom's group and someone brought homemade choc chip cookies. I of course helped myself to one and was about to reach for a second one when it hit me. 'YIKES!! Its Ash Wednesday and I already goofed... ooops"

We will be taking Keira to get her first experice of Ashes tonight.

2 comments:

alexish5 said...

Love the dialogue! You guys are hilarious! Matt and I gave up cookies too....it's going to be a challenge but I think we can do it for Jesus! =)

We miss you guys! It feels like forever since we have seen you. We go from every day last week to going a week without playing! Darn flu!

k's mama said...

We miss you guys too!!! Its been a long week!
tanya