Thursday, May 01, 2008

Lasagna Prep




Lasagna is a favorite food around here. Every few months I make 2 big pans of it. Its impossible to make lasagna for 2 people anyway, but I have yet to learn how to cook for 2 in anything. So I made 2 huge pans of lasagna. today while Keira took her morning nap. Mike and I will eat one for dinner and then have leftovers for a few days. By the time one of these pans is empty ( in about 3 days) Mike and I will be sick of lasagna. In a few months we will start to crave it again and I will pull the other lasagna out of the freezer. It works.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Mmmm, I LOVE lasagna! Rob is lactose intolerant so I haven't made it or had it in almost 2 years! I have to go on a hunt for lactose free cheeses to use in it, it's hard to find the right kind!

MommyKW said...

We ALL love lasagna and I do the same thing! But for us, one pan only lasts for 2 days! I have no idea how to cook for less than an army! Haha!

k's mama said...

Rob can't eat cheese?? My Dh and I are I lactose intolerant and we both eat cheese and yogurt with no problem..

alexish5 said...

You're a cooking genius! I never think to make 2 and then freeze one. I made extra soup last fall, froze some, and it is still in our freezer. Maybe I'll try to make some extra, freeze it, and then remember to eat it! =)

Caroline said...

No, he can't eat ANY dairy. He can't eat cheese, ice cream, whipe cream, ANYTHING. It sucks! (for him) haha

Anonymous said...

Taste of Home publishes a magazine every other month, titled Cooking for 2. You may want to check it out.

Kim