Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A morning at our house....

So... I go to change Keira's diaper and she not only pooped .. the poop is all over her onesie and her pants. So I am changing her diaper when she reaches her hand down and gets her hand all poopy.. she then rubs her hand on her belly and gets her belly all poopy and then tries- ( thankfully I stopped her) to suck her thumb because she is irritated that I won't let her see what all the fuss is about "down there" I get her all wiped off and place her on the floor butt naked so she can crawl around while I get the tub filled up since I am giving her a bath because by now I am grossed out.
I throw her clothes in a nearby basket and make a mental note to go soak the poopy ones when I get her down for her am nap. She of course crawls over to the basket and proceeds to play with the poopy clothes while I am filling up the tub. I confiscate the poopy clothes and she crawls off... to find the scrub brush I use for the kitchen floor. I brought it out because I am going to mop the floor while she naps. She happily chews on the gross scrub brush for the floor till I confiscate it and then she has a meltdown. I diverte her attention to saying yuck. She then proceeds to say yuck yuck over and over again and crawls towards the bathroom. I go check to see if the bathwater is warm enough meanwhile Keira crawls after me and pees all over the tile floor in the hallway.. and with tile you know that water or a liquid substance travels fast in grout lines. Good thing I planned on mopping the floor anyway.
The bath water is now ready. I stand Keira up on the outside of the tub to drool over the upcoming bath. She gets so excited its hysterical to watch. Meanwhile I go wipe up the pee on the floor. As I am wiping up the pee on the floor she almost falls headfirst into the tub because she is so excited and trying to climb into the tub. I get her in the tub and all washed up and she tried to drink the bath water..... In between the bath and getting her down for a nap there were just 3 meltdowns. One because I took her out of the tub ( after 15 min of playing of course), 2 because I made her lie still while I put her diaper on and 3 because I make her wait 2 seconds to nurse so I can put her socks on!!!!! ohhh and its only 10 am...... So who says being a stay at home mom is easy?? or boring??? And just in case you are wondering- yes the floor is all clean and disinfected.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanya I am impressed with your mom skills! if I was in that same situation it would be 7 at night before all of that was done!

I had a fun story at Ste. Marie's this weekend with a 2 year old boy from the family program, all I will say is even if you are told they are potty trained don't let them lock the door to the stall if they are under 2 feet tall!

alexish5 said...

Too funny! You are a great writer! I am sitting on the couch laughing hysterically..picturing all of this happening! Sarah pooped her outfit yesterday and got it all over her arm. She ended up in the bathtub too. She hadn't done that in a few months so it totally caught us by surprise. Thankfully it was a Sunday and Matt was able to help me. You are a super mom!

Caroline said...

haha that is so funny!!! Today, when I was changing Jo, she flipped over and started crawling away without any diaper on, I was almost positive she was going to pee on the floor or something but I got her before she could do that!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is...obviously she is your FIRST. Dominic sucks on nasty things all the time and LOVES to drink nasty, peed in bathtub soapy water. I don't care anymore. Builds the immune system I say! I have tile too---and if I had my choice, I would go back to plain old hardwood or linolium (sp?)---- I love your story though!
Michelle

Niki said...

That is a great story. I can totally see it all happening. Wait until you have two or more kids running around while that is all happening. I am glad they come one at a time! Can't wait to share tons of funny stories this summer!

WildRose said...

I am tired just reading this!! PHEW!!!!!!!!!!