Sunday, May 04, 2008

So what do you all think???

Mike and my second wedding anniversary is coming in on May 12th. Last year we didn't celebrate at all because I was 38 weeks preggo and to huge and uncomfortable to actually go anywhere or do anything. So since we didn't get to celebrate last year we figure we ought do something this year. Problem number 1 is lack of funds.... nope our big splurge on a leather couch as nothing to do with it- I swear!! Problem number 2 miss K wants to nurse every 2-3 hour still and doesn't take a bottle anymore ... so we would either have to bring her or do something after she goes to bed which means that Mike and I will be ready for bed as well... :o)

So here comes our grand idea.. well actually its my idea. Mike would never think of nor be excited about such an idea. We are thinking of joining a gym together and that being our gift to each other- improved health !! Pretty lame huh??? Actually I went to a yoga class at the gym today to "check it out" . It was great! I had forgotten how great you feel after an hour of yoga stretching!! Its been over 2 years since I did some yoga. I want to join the gym so I can go to group exercise classes like yoga and cardio kickboxing and I want to start lifting weights again. Mike has no intention of taking up yoga but said he would use the weights and maybe the cardio machines. We both want to burn some calories so we have an excuse to eat more sugar everyday. At this point we are still debating whether we can afford 2 gym memberships plus the extra money it costs to let Keira play in the playroom while we work out.... but that is where we stand right now !! We will keep you all posted about our anniversary gift to each other!

5 comments:

MommyKW said...

Great idea! Good luck!

Caroline said...

Your gym doesn't have some sort of membership that is for like families or something? I always see that at gyms. It's not as cheap as 1 membership but not at all as expensive for 2 seperate memberships it has something to do with the person being able to go with a guest or something.

Anonymous said...

I know the weather doesn't always cooperate but it is getting nicer outside so you may want to put off the gym until it gets a little colder out again. Don't you guys have a nice carriage for Keira and a backpack for her? There are a few hiking trails less then 20 mins from your home. I know it's not the same but it's less $$$

k's mama said...

yeah the gym isn't really for cardio- its for lifting weights and doing yoga... I prefer to walking outside rather than on a treadmill.

N&M said...

Niki and I agree -- you should try to exercise outside now that the weather is nice. But, if you do decide to join the gym, call around to a few places and then call the gym back and say will buy a membership for say 200 dollars less than the going price. You can certainly barter and perhaps then it will be more affordable. I did this in Texas and one of the gyms lowered the quote a few hundred dollars but we ended up just buying out own dumb bells. Let us know what you decide.