Friday, March 14, 2008

exciting stuff and non exciting stuff

2 exciting things happened today..
1) we purchased 1/3 cow of local, grass fed, hormone free beef!!! We will pick it up in a few weeks.
2) I was able to get a haircut- finally!! Even with Keira in tow.... I am getting creative. Keira is getting to be a crank about sitting in the stroller if its not moving. Obviously I can't push her around in the stroller while getting my haircut so I planted her next to me in the stroller with a pile of Cheerios and begged the girl at Supercuts to cut FAST!!! It worked. She started whining towards the end but luckily it was a 10 min haircut.
and the non exciting stuff...
Keira's ped told me that Keira was nursing wayyyyyyy to much and that she needs to eat more solids. RIGHT.. because I can force feed her..
The doc also told me that my milk wasn't as good now as it was when Keira was an infant and lots of other B^&*((()_$%^& that I chose to ignore. She did note that developmentally Keira was ahead of schedule... so my breast milk can't be all that bad!!! :o) You can bet we will be going Pediatrician shopping!!!

8 comments:

MommyKW said...

Wow! We are looking into buying a cow also, I'll keep everyone updated! Lucky you! I haven't gone out to get my haircut in almost 4 years! Let's just say, Chris is becoming quite the hairstylist (at least on the back of my head!). And, I would definitely go shopping! It never hurts to look around at other pediatricians. Check with your friends and see who they use. That would be your best resource.

WildRose said...

Follow your heart, you know your baby better then anyone!!!!!! Last time I checked Breast Milk did not have an expiration date!!!

Unknown said...

Okay,
1. Around how much does a COW go for if you don't mind me asking? I've never heard of buying a cow or 1/3 of a cow before, how do you even go about doing that? It's brilliant! haha
and
2. Your pediatrician is... strange haha. First of all... why would she have to eat more solids than breastmilk? That's pretty much the opposite of what you're supposed to do. Formula or breastmilk is supposed to be their main source of nutrition! and how could your milk not be as good as it was when she was an infant... I've never heard of that either.

Anonymous said...

and you must know best because you're a doctor?

Anonymous said...

Hooray on the cow! I was thinking we should do that... but we need a freezer first.

And what century is the doctor from? That sounds like the kind of nonsense that was being pushed when I was a baby. Good luck finding a new MD!

The Real EMO said...

Anonymous said...
and you must know best because you're a doctor?
To whoever that wrote that....
I am her MOTHER. Everyone who has a brain knows that breastmilk changes as a baby grows- changes to meet their needs. More fat for newborns and more protein for older infants. And its a known fact that the main sorce of nurtrition prior to 12 months is breastmilk or formula- NOT solids.Solids are for learning about texture and taste etc. After 12 months solids play a bigger role in an infants diet.
tanya

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love anonymous posters who love to share their "wisdom" but don't even have the guts to share their name?!

Liz said...

GOD BLESS YOU! That is why I am insistent that we will have a nanny when children enter the picture - the thought of a stroller, cheerios, etc while trying to pamper myself with a haircut (even if only ten minutes) is too much for me to handle....god bless you!