Friday, April 04, 2008

another reason to hate winter........


This is the stone pathway that Mike built me for Mother's Day last year. We were super excited to get these pathway lights on clearance at Lowes. They look very pretty at night and illuminate the pathway and all the flowers I plant around it. Now that alot of snow has melted we assessed the damage. Keep in mind these lights were under several feet of heavy snow for months. They are pretty much ruined. I helped Mike install the lights too.... you have to bury the electrical part under ground. Its alot of work. Now look at my poor lights. :o(
ohhh and see the small piles of snow around?? Yeah this morning it decided to snow again so now EVERYTHING is covered in white again!!!!!




This is Keira shortly before she decided to take her first taste of dirt and mulch. You would have thought we were killing her by the screams that followed as we pulled dirt and pine mulch out of her mouth!!!! Apparently it tasted pretty darn good.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Awwww, I'm sorry your lights got ruined! And babies do nooooot like when you have to go fish something out of their mouth. I've had to do it twice and Jo did not enjoy it. And this will probably be the first of many times our babies take a taste of dirt haha

MommyKW said...

So sad about your lights! The pathway looks good though, that's a plus! My kids have all eaten a good bit of dirt! I think it is a good provider of minerals! Haha!

WildRose said...

i hate winter..........................................

Anonymous said...

So sad! My parents added lights along their sidewalk and one got snapped in half. I wish I could blame it on the snow but sadly it was my son running it over with Lydia's stroller (Lydia was in the stroller too) twice. Once I could see but twice? How does one not notice that?