Monday, June 16, 2008

So tired.


We had a LONGGGGG night with Keira last night..... Its humid again and in the middle of the night she woke up with a stuffy nose and couldn't breathe. After trying to get her to sleep for over 45 min at 3 am Mike brought her into our bed and I held her and then Mike held her .. she finally dozed off around 5 am and we put her back in her crib so we could sleep and she woke up at 6 am. She came back to our bed and I held her and nursed her till 8 30 when we finally got up for the day. So basically from 3am on neither Mike nor I slept because we can't sleep with her in our bed. She is so wiggly you have to hold her otherwise we are afraid she might fall off the bed. Anyways this morning she is tired and cranky and her allergies must be bothering her because her eyes are swollen and she keeps rubbing them and whining and sneezing. Desperate to get the dishes done I pulled out a new box of gallon sized Ziplock baggies and let her go to town. She pulled all 50 of them out of the box and it kept her busy for like 6 min. I had alot of dishes to do so luckily I had another box of ziplock baggies she could pull out of the box while I finished the dishes. Its going to be a LONG day with a cranky child.... the weather is awful too so I don't dare take her outside in fear that it will make her allergies worse. It will be nice when she is 2 and can start talking Children's Claritin or something because she just looks so miserable....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Keira! I can't sleep with Jo in our bed either because she wants to cuddle with me but her version of cuddling is like being right on top of you. So she keeps rolling over towards me until I have like 3 inches of bed left. It's horrible haha but if it makes you feel better I didn't get much sleep last night either. Jo woke up at 3 too and it took me an hour and a half to get her back to sleep. But then I didn't even get an hour and a half of sleep before she woke up for her sippy cup... then she went back to sleep but only slept for like another hour and a half. So I'm tired too!!!

Anonymous said...

Both Dominic and I have 'summer colds'. I have been miserable since Friday...he is on the mend but still coughing. This combined with allergies = no fun!

You could always kick mike out to the couch and then there would be more room for the girls!

Michelle

MommyKW said...

Poor Keira! Check with your doctor because Samantha is on Zyrtec and has been since she was 5 months old. The bottle says for 2 and up, but they prescribed her 1/2 tsp daily.

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Those plastic bags are not toys! Sorry she's having such a hard time sleeping. Poor thing.

MK