Saturday, October 04, 2008

Allergy update


Keira's long awaited allergy appointment is Oct 27th. I decided to try her with all the foods that offended her just so I could give the Dr an update problem list in case she has outgrown her issues with wheat, dairy and soy.
I haven't given her cows milk to drink but she has had cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and things with milk in them- Her old reaction to dairy was a red diaper rash and spitting up with wheat and soy. For about a week now we have been giving her wheat, dairy, and soy... the first day with the dairy she got the red red diaper rash she always gets and then it was gone the next day and hasn't returned.... Not sure if the cloth diapers have anything to do with it. She has spit up just once in the past week. If I feel brave enough I might try her with straight cows milk or soy milk... probably soy. She does now get a rash around her mouth at almost every meal now though..... ( see pics)
Not sure what all this means.... but I am eagerly awaiting her appointment with allergy. Since she still wakes up with swollen eyes and allergy symptoms I am also wondering if they will diagnose her with seasonal allergies. We will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, poor Keira! Despite the rash these are REALLY nice pictures, I like them! It's very smart to figure all this stuff out and try new things again before the appointment, definitely keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

therash looks just like the one Lyds would get from peanut butter... no fun! a baking soda paste got rid of it right away but I haven't given her peanut butter since ::sigh:: I hope they can give you better info at the alergists office!