Saturday, October 04, 2008

Next step

Tomorrow Mike and his dad are going to start dry walling Keira's new room to be which makes us one step closer to having a playroom just in time for the winter. The reason for the delay was that Mike hates drywall and wanted to get a quote to hire someone to do it. The quote came back at more than we want to spend on drywall ( we would rather spend it on new windows) so Mike and his dad are going to do it. We will post pics of the progress tomorrow of course!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! Hope you get your playroom by winter but I have a feeling it's not going to solve your winter boredom that you're already feeling! haha

MommyKW said...

Okay, I deal with your issue every day. Chris is soooo handy, but his biggest hated handy man job is to finish drywall. He will hand it all day, but to finish it, he will put it off forever. Hence the reason our basement is still NOT finished! But, as always, if you do it yourself and have a good helper it's worth it. And, by good helper, I do not mean what happened to me last night. I was standing on a ladder with my head pushed against a piece of drywall trying to hold it agains the ceiling so that Chris could screw it in! Good luck! I am anxiously awaiting a play room with you!

k's mama said...

I've done it too! The ceiling pieces are a pain. Luckily I get out of helping most of the time but I have been there... on a ladder with my head holding a piece of drywall.