Thursday, October 30, 2008

Purple it is!!!


Its really hard to tell from these pics because I couldn't get the light right... the middle ceiling strip is white... everything else is a light purple.. Its darker than it looks in these pics.. but not too dark. Overall its a pretty color and I am excited about the way it turned out. The lights are also installed. A few big projects remain before Keira can move into the room... 1) the bamboo floor, 2) the built in bookshelf, molding, and Keira's secret cave.....


The opening right after the closet is the entrance to the cave... its a space that goes under the back eves quite a bit. There is going to be lighting in there and toys and books.. it will be her own secret space. I think she is going to love it as its just the right height for her. It will have a door as well.






In other news... I am very sad to report that Keira no longer has earrings. :o( Her ears were looking infected so I took the earrings out for a few days and one of them closed up!!!! I didn't think it would close up that fast since her ears have been pierced since she was 3 months old!!!! I am sure we can get them re pierced but I am just annoyed it even closed up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always super impressed by your home improvement projects. It's better than those shows on TV. Love it!

Caroline said...

Looks great! I love the idea of the secret cave, that sounds like it' going to be sooo cute! Can't wait to see!

MommyKW said...

Oh! I love it! That secret cave idea is great! What kid wouldn't want their own little secret spot! Can't wait for it to be done so I can see great pics of it! haha! her holes closed up that quick!? Were her earring holes infected or her ears - like an ear infection?

k's mama said...

on of the earring holes was infected... its cleared up now but it closed up in the process. The other ear is fine.

WildRose said...

WOW Love it!!! I like the idea of the "cave" as well!! Neat! AS for her ears that is bummer! She looked so cute with them!

Unknown said...

Did you try lubing the post with neosporin or other abx ointment and gently twisting it through? It may not be healed, but instead have gunky stuff built up that needs to get pushed out. OR, just let her go with one earring. She'll be a trend-setting baby.

alexish5 said...

The room looks great! Sorry to hear about her ears. =(