Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday bad news

Its Monday so that means bad news of course. I took the Jetta in for inspection this morning and it failed... ( Well it passed the safety part and failed the emission part) Something about the check engine light and a new gas tank cover. Mike is going buy and install a new gas tank cover and hopefully that does the trick. Our cars have been nothing but trouble this year and I am tired of it!!!! Dreaming of a new car(s)!!!
I haven't posted pics of the new back stairs because although they are sort of finished -they aren't really. Mike's saw was giving him issues and refusing to cut a straight 90 degrees.. so a few boards aren't level and he has to go back and fix that as well as add a railing. Mike's dad brought over his saw so hopefully Mike will have better luck with it than he did with his. So we do have new stairs and they do look very nice but they are a bit of a way from being finished.
After 2 years of marriage and then some.. we zeroed out bank account out for the first time last night!! Good thing for savings accounts however meager they are. Ohh the joys of trying to raise a family on one income in the East Coast with a failing economy.
I think that is enough pessimism for one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I am going to poker night Saturday so that is an extra $10 for Mike.

Caroline said...

I hear ya! I'm taking next semester off from school so we'll have that time plus summer to really focus on saving money and then in the Fall I'll go back and we'll feel better about spending that money on school. We haven't zeroed our account but in order to prevent that from becoming a possibility I'm going to take the semester off. Tanya... if you only knew how much money we had in our bank account a year ago from now as opposed to what it is now you would be amazed, I can't even type it never mind say it out loud!!!!! haha