Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby update 1

Yesterday was my first midwife appointment. It went great. The midwife said she would check for the heartbeat but warned me they might not find it as it was early. They said the same for Keira because it was early when we first heard her heartbeat as well. And just like Keira the midwife found it in less than 10 seconds. It was in the 160's and beating away. I love that sound!!!!!
The rest of the appointment went well. Its hard to describe but this whole different approach to pregnancy and birthing is so new and interesting to me. After hearing all about Keira's birth and how it was pretty much all of 3 hours the midwife said if I don't think I can get to the birth center in time to just call and she will come to me! I don't think my OB ever said that! Anyways all in all I was very happy with her. At the next appointment I meet the other midwife and that's it. Its one or the other and they each have a midwife student aka their assistants and that's it. So far all is well with bambini and mom is hanging tight to the hope of feeling better soon....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad to hear everything is going well!

Jennifer said...

Aww, Good so glad everything went well...and it is important that you like the person that will be taking care of you and your little one.

MommyKW said...

Sounds perfect! Glad to hear everything is going well!

alexish5 said...

Wow! They sound amazing there...they will come to you?! Awesome!

There is nothing better than hearing your baby's heart beating for the first time! =)