Sunday, April 22, 2007

a glimpse of spring..





We have had amazingly beautiful weather this weekend so we have been super busy trying to cram everything that we have wanted to do lately into the 2 day weekend. Sat am we drove to a friends house to pick up a swing set- ( yes I know its a little early for a swing set) Our friends son had outgrown it and they gave it to us for free. So Mike dismantled it and we loaded it into the truck and brought it home. I scrubbed all the dirt off of it and it looks great. Now Mike just has to put it back together. Hey I figure I can attach a baby swing to it and by fall Keira should be big enough to sit in a swing so its not really that premature in getting one....
The first picture is of mike washing his car ( more on that further on) the second of a rake and our yard waste bucket ( just the fact that there is a rake leaning up next to the house where normally there is a snow shovel is amazing!!) and the third picture is my load of jeans drying in the sun. ( more on that further on)

Sat afternoon Mike spent three and 1/2 hours washing and sprucing up his car. I wandered around our yard raking up leaves and sprucing things up.

My favorite part of this weather though - is being able to hang laundry out to dry. I LOVE hanging clothes out to dry in the sun- We always had a clothesline growing up and I just love the smell of clothes that have dried in the sun. The previous owner of our house had one of those teeny- tiny metal tree type of clothes lines- I set out to use it yesterday and realized that the lines we all moldy and the metal part all rusty- So we took it apart and Mike promised to build me a real clothes line someday soon. In the meantime the deck works as a clothesline some what. :o)

Hmm Not sure why the 80's night videos aren't there... I will have Mike look into that- They are hysterical to listen to and watch!!!!
Tomorrow I hit the 34 week mark with this pregnancy- Thank God this is almost over!!!!! For some reason I am back to throwing up again which is NOOO fun. :o(

No comments: