Sunday, April 01, 2007

Is the Weekend already over :(

Well...tomorrow is another day, but this week is Holy Week so it will be unlike any other week during the year...the greatest and worst week of Jesus' life. This week is really the culmination of everything the Catholic Church stands for and the largest events that we celebrate every week was instituted this week. Holy Thursday institutes the reason why I am Catholic - The Eucharist where Jesus decides to humble himself to our lowly level EVERY DAY. Good Friday is "good" because Jesus takes upon himself all the sins of the human race and lays them on the cross when he dies. In my opinion, the Easter Vigil is the most beautiful mass of the year (followed close 2nd by the Pentecost Vigil) because we get to experience the excitement of Baptism and Confirmation as well as the anticipation of Jesus' rising!

If you don't know, I am a lector at Ste. Marie's parish and today was my day to lecter. I have an amazing love for the Eucharist and the greatest part of being a lecter is being so close to God. Where we sit, the lectors are able to see the entire altar and, unless you are a priest, it is the closest that I will ever get to experience during the consecration. Sometimes the Holy Spirit moves me during mass and sometimes I am far away from God (because of my humanity, not because of God). Well, today I could feel the Spirit moving during the song that Covenant" was singing during Communion. So, if the Spirit was moving me before Confession, I am excited and scared to see what happens, now that I have gone to Confession, later this week.

On Good Friday, something that we have established is to watch "The Passion of the Christ" and we will be doing so after the 7:00PM services at Ste. Marie's. Guaranteed to be emotional and depressing and uplifting at the same time.

So...in other news as Tanya mentioned, we bought a truck...well not actually bought it yet, but we have created a verbal agreement to purchase it and pick it up next week; so this week I will have to get it registered as well as get plates for the 1989 Chevrolet 1500 Extended Cab pickup in Mint Condition...which is why I bought it from the person I bought it from. They take better care of their cars than I do (which is pretty difficult to do!).

But yeah...next week we will own a new old truck. We have posted Tanya's car on Craigslist. So, that is all the news that's fit to print for today...the day before MONDAY :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tanya's Jetta?! That is so sad! Can you put a car seat in the truck?