Saturday, April 14, 2007

Home projects...

Well we finally hit 50 degrees again- but they are calling for another nor'eastioner for tomorrow into Monday so I guess that means I still can't tackle my front yard landscaping "project." We have some very boring square bushes out front that I am hoping to replace with something more exciting - such as maybe a perennial garden. So I am stuck inside planning my flower gardens on paper until its finally warm enough to actually plant things in the ground.
Mike wanted to tear down our falling part wooden fence in the back yard but since the ground is still to cold to be digging in the ground and putting in a new vinyl fence we figured we would leave it alone for another few weeks.

Sooooo in the meantime- Mike is back working at the stubborn drywall upstairs and I am thumbing through my landscaping and garden plan magazines trying to piece together the perfect flower garden for our front yard.

The pics are of the walls in the stairway going to the second floor where the guest room and office are. Once the new dry wall is up and primed etc- we are going to paint the walls a light yellow and get some new stair rugs to put on the wooden stairs. So yes we are still working on our own version of "Flip this house" Its likely to continue for years....:o)
Tanya










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well more sheet rock down since I was over a few days ago! I forgot to ask last night, did you use the snow blower?

And since no one else may know I am going to let them! Mike and Tanya Did a Karaoke Duet last night and they have pics on their digital camera to post!!!!
:D

Anonymous said...

We didn't use the snow blower yet b/c we were running late that morning and when we came home from work it was all melted off the driveway.
hmm yeah - Mike and I CANNOT sing- but I will post some pics- I am downloading them now. I wish I knew how to post video clips.. I am sure that would be entertaining!