Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 3








Where is the post? Hmm...I got home from work on Thursday at 5 and worked until 11. Got home from work on Friday at 5 and worked until 11. Woke up Saturday at 7AM and worked until 10:30PM . Not much time for a post...but here is one for all the "faithful" readers.

So...well day 3 is over and I am exhausted. Tanya and Keira made it into Chilly Des Moines without any problems. Their flight was delayed 1.5 hours but they made it and are having a good time hanging with Tanya's old friends and seeing the new babies.

We did some more deconstruction today and finally started the "con"struction. We pulled out the kitchen cabinets so we could pull up the floor...because who doesn't put the flooring underneath the cabinets? We fixed our front door so it would fit and cut down a high spot on a joist.
We have almost all of the hardibacker down, but we ran out of steam around 10:15 and cleaned up. That stuff is heavy and awkward, but should strengthen the floor enough for the tile.

Tomorrow we hope to finish that up, get in the new cabinets (bottom) and put up the drywall...we will see what we get done. You can see we pulled out the old cabinets. We will run new outlets (more) and then install them. Check out our makeshift table for our meals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Mike, though you might need some sleep...you sound a little cranky about your "faithful" readers wanting an update! =)

PS...love the table!

From,
A Faithful Reader

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I think I have an idea that's going to save some time, let's just tear down the house and start over!!!

MK said...

Alright, I know you really want to get things done, but we are seriously making you take a break this week! Once you get to mudding, sanding & painting, I can help. I'm good at that stuff!

The Real EMO said...

I started mudding today and will be doing additional coats tomorrow (or I should say today since it is 1:30AM). Anyways. The place is a DISASTER! I was hoping that I could get a bunch of people to help cleanup on Friday as Tanya is coming back Sat morning. I will send an e-mail.

Oh yeah...welcome to the blog commenting ;)