Wednesday, January 30, 2008

those darn teeth


Keira has been a little miserable since we have been home. We aren't sure if her teeth are bothering her.. they are still making there way to where they belong. They are both finally above the gum line but one is about 1/2 the way in and the other about 1/4. If its not her teeth we are wondering if she has an ear infection. Since she has been a little crabby I can't get much done during the day as she wants me to hold her or play with her all the time. So usually after she goes to bed Mike and I get busy with what we need to get done. Tonight Mike was putting up molding around the bathroom door and putting paper and plastic over all our stuff so he can finish mudding and sanding this weekend. I was busy making tacos and stuffed cabbage rolls. Yes I am aware that they look gross in the picture. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they taste good. I have never made them before and Mike informed me that they "looked gross" while I was rolling the meat/rice mixture in the cabbage leaves. I am a little leery of them turning out okay because this recipe calls for them to be cooked in a crock pot... seems a little odd to me!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Josephine is cranky like that a lot. It's tough. You should look into purchasing the EarCheck Middle Ear Monitor, you can get it anywhere really... Walmart, Target, Babies R Us etc. It calculates how much fluid is in a baby's eardrum or wherever the liquid is and it puts it on a level of 1-5. 1 being "fluid unlikely," 2 being keep checking back and monitor it and 3, 4, 5 being "consult doctor." It's really neat and handy to have around. You can read more about it on www.earcheck.com

Matt said...

I actually thought the cabbage rolls looked good. That was before I know about the meat.

The Real EMO said...

well I am sure you can make them with tofu or a meat replacement.. the rest of it is Vegan!!!!

Matt said...

All this talk of vegan food is making me hungry. I can't wait to go home and have some vegan pound cake. I am sure my wife didn't give the last of it away at her play group. Right?

Anonymous said...

Oh honey relax! You know that I gave Tanya a piece to bring home but she didn't take the last piece. You get enough vegan desserts as it is.

Tanya- those stuffed cabbage rolls look super good. When are you having us over for dinner? =)

Matt said...

I now know what it feels like to get dissed by my wife on our blog and here too. All in a matter of minutes.

The Real EMO said...

wowwww- wait a min!!! matt aren't you the one complaining that your wife makes too many desserts??? Therefor we are always happy to take your leftovers home. Every vegan dessert I have had that Alexis has made has been YUMMY!!! I can't wait to see what Mike thinks of the pound cake.
Ohh and as soon as our house is back to normal you guys are coming over for dinner!!!!
tanya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite...I'm going to hold you to it! =)

And....thanks for defending me Tanya! He does complain that I make too many desserts. If he won't appreciate me, I know that you and Mike will! I'll bake for you guys whenever you need some extra sugar and sweetness!

Anonymous said...

Every time I look at your cabbage rolls I get hungry all over again. They look soooooooooooo good!

The Real EMO said...

actually the cabbage rolls were good. Even MIke liked them!!!! And we can always use extra sugar especially if it comes in the form of a homemade desert.
tanya