Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update from the travelers

Tanya and Keira are currently snowed-in in Milwaukee...awaiting their second flight to Des Moines. Tanya reports that Keira was a monster on the plane. She slept for 15 minutes of our 2hr 13min flight. She decided that she didn't want to play with any of the toys that I brought even though they are the brand-new toys. So I let her do all the things she shouldn't, like eat the Skymall magazine, lick the salt off of my pretzels, stick her hand in my ice water, scratch the leather seats, play Peek-A-Boo with the lady behind us, walk up and down the aisles (me holding her).

Then Keira decided to poop. I had to grab Keira, the changing pad, the wipes, the diaper, the plastic bag for the dirty diaper and headed to the bathroom. If you have never changed a diaper in the bathroom, you don't know what you are missing as the space is cramped and Keira wouldn't stop moving. She kept trying to flip off the changing table. She cried because she kept bumping her head while squirming and then crying louder because of the echo her voice made.

Flying with Keira is not something I look forward to anytime soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! At least the Milwaukee flight will be shorter...

Caroline said...

Uh oh! I can't even imagine...

Matt said...

I found walking up and down the aisle of the airplane more difficult than you would think. I only did it once with Sarah and we bumped into tons of elbows. Maybe this was because we were on Southwest and it is a tighter fit? I don't know how flight attendants get up and down with the drink carts.

Anonymous said...

So......when did she get in? How was the rest of the trip there?

Alexis