Saturday, September 13, 2008

Animal blood

Keira eating applesauce with her fingers... yes I did offer to spoon feed her and no she would not let me!

And with a spoon.

So this morning around 8 am I was rushing to get a beef roast in the crock pot. I needed to leave at 8 to pick up the 1/3 of a cow we ordered. Actually we are splitting it with Mike's parents this time so we get 1/2 of a 1/3 of a cow. Anyways I need to hurry and go so I could get back and relieve Mike of watching Keira so he could get going on the electrical stuff. Anyways we have to keep our kitchen trash perched up high at the moment because Keira likes to throw stuff in it like shoes, toys etc. Well I was peeling the bloody packaging off the beef roast so I put the trash bucket behind we so I wouldn't drip blood and guts all over the floor. So I get the roast in the crock pot and I am adding a sauce and cutting garlic etc... I turn around and Keira has pulled the bloody meat packaging out the trash and was playing with it.. there is blood all over her hands, the floor and yes all over her beautiful new pink fleece slippers. Now if you know me really well you know that I HATE dealing with raw meat. I always go crazy with the disinfecting when I am done.. my hands, the cutting board, the counter etc etc... Ever since I took microbiology in nursing school I am a bit neurotic about raw meat and bacteria.. Sometimes if I am making meatballs or something similar where I have to touch the meat alot I wear gloves. So to see that animal blood all over my clean baby drove me a bit crazy.. I am praying that she didn't actually stick any of it in her mouth because that would be really disgusting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!! I would have freaked out too!

MommyKW said...

Ewww! That's gross! I have to say, some gross things have happened here - but I don't recall any of them involving animal blood!