Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Its Fall in New England!








There is just a bit of color in the leaves already!


Nothing says fall around here like the Apple Orchard. We were supposed to go to a play date today but since Keira is still sporting a cold we stayed away so we don't infect anyone else. I took her to the apple orchard instead. She had fun looking the at goats and ducks and eating free apple slices. We stocked up on fresh apples, pears, and (YUMMY!!!) peaches!
We got there super early.. just after they opened and so there were very few people there. Keira pushed her stroller around and around for like 20 min... The ducks and company ( a few other birds that I have no idea what they are) were making lots of noise and flapping there wings.... Keira seemed interested for a second and then she noticed the duck pond and WATER!!!! She wanted to go swimming with the ducks... didn't matter that it was 50 degrees out, the pond was mucky looking and filled with ducks or that there was plenty of stuff to do and see ( ANIMALS!!!) she wanted in the water. Yes my crazy child threw a tantrum because I wouldn't let her go swimming in the duck pond!!!! This kid is so obsessed with water! She had taken a extra long bath this morning because I had hoped the steamy air would clear out her clogged nose.... and she gets a bath every night before bed now.
Yesterday I put her kiddie pool in the shed because every single time we go outside she goes right to the pool and pats it and says "Pool, Pool" And when I try to explain that its to cold out for the pool there are tears!!! Poor child.. she isn't going to get to go swimming for a long time!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Boo-Hoo I wish it was fall in Louisiana....still sporting upper 90 degree temps here. We are so snotty too.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE Mac's! I drive down there often with Dom and he LOVES the goats and the ducks. I think the others are geese...white honking geese!

Those peaches are pretty darn juicy---make sure you have a napkin handy!

Unknown said...

I love how she loves water so much. She's gonna have to just take extra long baths in the winter to make up for the lack of playing in water.