Wednesday, September 10, 2008

laws of toddler hood

Toddler Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all of the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
8. If I think it's mine, it's mine.

and a few personal Keira laws
If I point to my eating chair and whine - I'm hungry
If I lean on the cabinet and gesture towards the upper cabinets I am looking for chips
If I lean on the fridge and whine I am hungry
If I lean on the backdoor and whine I want to go outside
If you say your going to change my diaper I will have a tantrum
If you put me in the car or stroller and neglect to give me a snack baggie I will throw a tantrum
If I suck my thumb I am either tired, anxious or scared.
If there is water around in any way shape or form I will find it and make a mess with it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My friend had one like that the other day I had thought about putting it on my blog. Brooke's is If I see food..its mine, it does not matter if I know you or not...haha we were at my friends son birthday party and Brooke went up to her mother n law and taking chips off of her plate...haha had never met the lady before.

Unknown said...

haha very funny. t=The "Keira Laws" are a lot like the "Jo Laws"