Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a mess





I was doing some laundry down in the basement and when I came up Keira had helped herself to the bag of Rice Crispies. What you don't see in the pictures is how when she got tired of eating them she thought it might be fun to throw handfuls of cereal on the floor.. in the kitchen, living room, hallway and her bedroom. While I was cleaning that up she got into the garbage bags under the sink and unrolled them and scattered them all over the house.... sometimes I am thankful I have a teeny tiny house as I don't know how I would clean up after all her messes if we had a larger house; and you all know how Mike and I like everything clean! Ohhh and in case you can't read Keira's shirt it says ME ME ME 9-5 all the time! Its so true!
Allergy season is in full swing.. Mike is a miserable coughing,sneezing, puffy eyed mess of tiredness and Keira has red, swollen watering red eyes and a congested nose. Apparently its fall too as its been in the 40's as night! We have to get rid of the a/c units and start winter proofing this house.
Mike found an electrician on Craigslist and got an estimate to do the upstairs.. Mike was and is going to end up doing it himself it looks like but considering the cold air is coming on fast and Mike had insulating to do in Keiras room, a truck to fix and 2 new windows to install we thought it might be helpful to pay someone to do the electrical in Keira's new room to get things going.... Its not a big job.. maybe a few hours. Just adding some plugs... old houses have like 2 plugs to a room and bringing things up to code. The electrician admitted it was a small job and then gave us a quote of 938 dollars.... his hourly rate is 75!!! OUCH. Looks like Mike gets to do it all......

3 comments:

alexish5 said...

Nice job Keira! There is nothing better than making a mess for mom to pick up! From, Sarah

Caroline said...

haha I know how you feel! Once I finish cleaning one mess she's on to another mess. For some reason I never thought of giving Jo Rice Crispies... the only cereal I've given her is Cheerios. I'm going to get some the next time we go grocery shopping, I think she'll like it!

I can't believe the guy said it was a small job AND came up with an estimate of almost a thousand dollars!!! When we ordered our rug (which was $240) at Home Depot I asked him, just out of curiosity, how much it'd be if I were to have them intall it, $750 bucks! including the rug but the rug is only $240! The contractor we had charged us an extra $100 to do the carpet haha

Tracy said...

Those darn contractors :) LOL... It is nice that Mike can do soo much of the handywork on his own. I still think that if we were closer we would be hanging out all the time. Our husbands seem like they are both very handy guys. I like that mike bakes and cooks though.. can he teach Barry that!