Friday, September 12, 2008

Catholic Vote

Taken from http://daniellebean.com/2008/09/10/catholic-vote/

"There are still another 55 days to go until the presidential election, but already I am weary of the Palin bashing and the Palin defending.
Our job is not to debate Palin’s life choices. Our job is not to elect a vice president whose life decisions perfectly mirror our own. Our job is to elect people to positions of power who will best represent our values in those positions of power.
Sometimes we forget to see the forest because of all these darn trees.
I think this short video from Catholic Vote puts it all into perspective quite nicely."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, thank you! I totally agree. I absolutely can not stand the Palin bashing, I watch the news and what they're saying and all I can think is... what does this have to do with ANYTHING? I know it doesn't have anything to do with how she will be as our vice president or maybe president. Why can't people focus on that rather than extremely unimportant things about her personal life. They're just trying to dig up whatever they can.

Jennifer said...

What aggravates me with the Palin bashing is the fact that everyone wants to talk about her expierence or lack of and she is not running for President, she is running for Vice President...its like they can't compete with John McCains record and years in the Senate so they go after her....the media loves Barack Obama for some reason.

Unknown said...

Ofcourse the media loves Barack Obama, he is a CELEBRITY. That's what irks me about him... I don't see him as a politician, I see him as a celebrity and that's not right...

The Real EMO said...

exactly!!! She is going to be VP... NOt to mention that Mr. Obama doesn't have that much expereince either and no one seems to care!!!! argggh Don't get me started!

Unknown said...

I heard something like he's been in the senate for 100 weeks but hasn't voted on ANYTHING, he's just voted as "present" as in just being there.