Saturday, May 12, 2007

1 year later....

So today is Mike and I's first anniversary. Crazy how time flies. It seems that it went by really fast. I guess we kept ourselves busy after the wedding/honeymoon with 2 new jobs, a new house and a new baby on the way. Its been a great year. Marriage is a beautiful thing- I would highly recommend it! :o) My favorite part of the year?? Our new house! We LOVE IT. Love being in the city and close to everything, love having our own space, and love to be able to do whatever we want to the place. The worst part of the year? Being so sick the first 25 weeks of pregnancy- Pregnancy is definitely not for the faint of heart ( and that is coming from a woman who hasn't even gone through labor and delivery yet!!!) We really don't have any special plans for the day- we are going to celebrate our anniversary but I begged Mike to wait a few months. We want to head into Boston and walk around and go out to eat . But my current state of exhaustion, swollen feet, big belly, and the need to pee every 5 min isn't to conducive to a great date night. So we figure in July we will celebrate it. For today Mike is off with his buddies dry walling his uncle garage/basement that was damaged during last years Mother's Day floods and I spent the day at the local nursery and digging in my flower bed ( will post pics when I finish tomorrow).
Other firsts- we went to our first yard sale as a couple today!!! I grew up yard sailing with my mother every weekend but I am not really into them myself. But the frugalness in me won over. A catholic school near our house was having a fundraiser yard sale so we decided to check it out. Being that I woke Mike up at 5:30 this morning( to restless to sleep) we were dressed and fed very early. Anyways we ended up getting some kitchen stuff I needed as well as a small bookshelf for Keira's room and some kids books.
Well I could go on and on about the past year but I promised Mike I would join him and the guys and his aunt and uncle for dinner so I had better head over there.....
Ohhhhh one last thing. Mike installed Keira's car seat a few days ago. Being that I read somewhere that over like 80% of car seats are not installed properly I went to the Manchester Police station to have a certified officer/safety expert check it out He was pretty impressed when I told him Mike had installed it.He said "WOW- that looks great- its not very often that I see one installed properly!!" LOL... that is my handy husband! :o)
Tanya

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Congratulations on one year!!!
Chicago Mary