Monday, May 28, 2007

Outdoor nesting :o)






Yesterday I took my restlessness outside and these are the end results! In the front of the house we planted a flowering white dogwood tree. In the back yard we planted a little tiny veggie garden- 5 tomato plants, 4 bell pepper plants, and 4 cucumber plants. In the pots are dill, chives, thyme, and lavender. Mary Kate was kind enough to come over with her green thumb and give me some pointers about planting vegetables. It rained last night so everything is soaking wet this morning - but hey its good for the plants. I knew it was going to rain so I didn't really water them much.
Hopefully the sun will come out and dry everything up since we have about 30 people coming over for a BBQ in a few hours.
In other news- My brother Mark and his wife Niki had their baby- a boy. Dominic Ryan. ( which I am super excited for them) but seriously----- I was due first!!! So not fair. I am still pregnant!!! ARHHHH and not even gardening will make Keira come out- you would think with all that work it takes in planting things that it would put me into labor- but no, nothing so far. :o(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I haven't even put in my veggies yet. Could you send Mary Kate my way? I kill most plants.