Sunday, May 20, 2007

More rainy day thoughts

Well my last post was Thursday and I was complaining about the rain. Well here it is Sunday and its still raining and has been for days!!! We go down to our basement several times a day just to check and see if there is any water pooling around anywhere. So far we haven't seen any but it was been pouring all day long so I wouldn't be surprised if some water started to show up somewhere down there..... The only good thing I can think of coming from this rain is that our grass is lush and looks like it belongs in the amazon rain forest or something and my flowers are enjoying the rain too !
Its hard to occupy the weekend and spend every moment in doors this time of year. Mike has been keeping himself busy with construction projects as usual. Yesterday he was in MA helping a group of Franciscan bothers and priests with a drywall project and today he is plugging away at our own dry wall project on the second floor. The first of our summer guests arrives around June 19th so we hope to have all the construction upstairs finished by then so our guests aren't dealing with drywall dust in their bedroom. Of course how much gets done depends alot of Baby Keira's impending arrival... although we haven't any inkling of hope that she will arrive anytime soon and its getting harder and harder to sleep and get comfortable at any time of the day or night. Tomorrow is my next doctors appointment so we shall see if we have made any progress or if my blood pressure continues to sky rocket.
I spent all day yesterday in Warner at my dad's house hanging out with my siblings and trying not to feel like a caged bird. Today after Mass I did some last min shopping for baby stuff and the usual weekend grocery shopping. For some reason I have a craving for spaghetti and meatballs so I made a whole crock pot full of meatballs. At least dinner is made for the next 3 nights or so... :o)
Tanya

No comments: