Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rainy day thoughts.....

I have totally neglected the blog for the past few days!!! Well our life has been pretty non exciting lately- not that it is ever truly exciting but the past few days I really have not had anything to say. The weather has been cold and yucky and rainy all week long and its making me cranky and tired and crazy. The little alien in my stomach is kicking the daylights out of me constantly and using my bladder as a spring board which means I get no sleep.... :o) as you can tell I am so looking forward to kicking this little girl out of my uterus and having my body back to myself!!!

All of our weekly TV shows are winding down. Gray's Anatomy season finale was last night- American Idol ends next week. Its nice to have some shows to look forward to during the long cold winter months when there is little else to do - but I don't think I will miss watching them during the summer. There are so many more exciting things to do. Now if only the weather would cooperate. We are going on our 6th straight day of rain and clouds and cold temps in the 40's and 50's. My flowers seem to like it though. They are growing well despite our current lack of sunshine. The weather people tell us the next day of sun is Tues which means we will have officially gone an entire week + without one drop of sun light. No wonder I am cranky!!!
Anyways so I have been trying to pass the time by reading all I can on infant sleep patterns. I am on my third book of advice of how to get your baby to sleep well at night and through the night after a few months. I might be an expert on infant sleep by the time I am done reading... RIGHT. :o) We have all the tools too.. swaddling blankets, sleep positioners, a teddy bear that mimics a human heartbeat, white noise. Lets hope something works and that this girl is a good sleeper. I am sure there will be many future posts about it.
Tanya