Saturday, May 26, 2007

No baby yet...

Well I survived the 96 degree heat wave yesterday! :o) Today's high is only supposed to be about 85- regardless I am staying inside with the AC on until this evening. I did go out early this am- about 8 am and walked for about 1 hour- even did some hills. Keira seemed entertained by the whole thing and was very very active when I got back but has since settled down and I am guessing has no plans for meeting the world any time soon. :o( Still hoping and praying for her to show up this weekend. My ability to sleep has gotten ridiculously bad- I can't fall asleep for hours (even though I am exhausted) and when I finally fall asleep I just wake up about 2 hours later and can't fall back asleep. I never had any sleep problems before so I am blaming the whole thing on the baby.... and people wonder why I am so anxious to get here out of me!!!!
Maybe the holy spirit will get involved at the vigil mass tonight- :o)
If anyone has any ideas of ways I can keep myself busy let me know- I am so restless. I have already cleaned our house- organized every closet, cleaned up the yard, cooked a few meals for the freezer. Keira's room is ready and there isn't one thing left to buy, the car seats are installed. I have packed her bag for the hospital as well as mine- I can't sit still long enough to read or watch TV.. and sleeping just isn't happening....
Tanya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly nesting and the time is coming. You might want to call your doctor but for me during these non-sleep times when I was pregnant some 30+years ago my doctor suggested I sip on a small glass of red wine. It will not harm anything but could certainly calm your nerves and relax you. I did the same thing with Dawn some 36 years ago. I had everything absolutley done and then didn't realize I was in early labor the afternoon she was born cause I was too busy perfecting the whole house! Keira will come when she ready to face the world. It's nice and cozy in there not a care in the world just feed me mommy! Maybe if you hook up some music for her to listen too,go for a bumpy ride in the country! This is a time to reflect on the beauty of birthing! Yeah, right but it truly is... I loved the time I was "with child". Enjoy your solitude now,rent some funny movies!!Take care-love Nana K.